So let’s talk about my banana bread cravings…
My love for banana bread is pretty similar to that of carrot cake. It’s simple, classic, easy to get the ingredients, doesn’t really take TOO much ingredients, time and even effort and the end result is (almost) always yummy.
I’ve made banana bread a number of times and have a recipe that I like on the blog, but this time I wanted to try muffins. Mostly because I just can’t seem to stop eating the bread and the muffin idea seemed a lot safer. (One muffin per day was my rule.)
I’ve tried carrot cake muffins, or carrot muffins, but the consistency wasn’t the greatest and after a few different recipes, I decided the carrot cake recipe that I have would be my ultimate choice. But these banana muffins were really good (maybe even better than the banana bread recipe…) and moist. I think I’ll keep the banana bread recipe for now for special occasions, but for a quick pick-me-up treat or for something fast, I’ll go for the muffins. And like many of my other recipes, I tried to cut down the sugar from other recipes I’ve come across, so this one is not too sweet.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup of walnuts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup or 12 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup or 5⅓ tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1½ 밀가루
- 1 티스푼 베이킹 파우더
- 1 티스푼 베이킹 소다
- 1 티스푼 바닐라 엑스트렉트
- ½ 월넛
- ½ 소금
- 3 으깬 바나나
- ¾ 컵 혹은 12 테이블스푼 설탕
- 1 달걀
- ⅓ 컵 혹은 5⅓ 버터 혹은 식물성 오일
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Combine or sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Combine bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla extract and butter/oil in a large bowl.
- Add the flour mix into the bowl and mix.
- Add in the nuts.
- Scoop them into the muffin pans.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes.
- 오븐은 175도로.
- 밀가루, 베이킹 파우더, 베이킹 소다 그리고 소금 섞어주고
- 다른 그릇에 바나나, 설탕, 달걀, 바닐라 그리고 버터/오일을 섞어주고 (믹서기로 섞어주는 것이 편안)
- 밀가루와 섞은 애들을 바나나 반죽에 넣어서 섞어주고 (너무 오래 섞어주면 퍽퍽해질 수 있으니 주의)
- 월넛 넣어서 섞어주고
- 머핀 틀에 고고.
- 분 혹은 30분정도 구워주면 끝!
All photos by rachelsanghee. March, 2016.