The big day in Italy. When I told G’s mother that I wanted to have a little party for A’s 100th day, she was confused as to why. I explained that it was a Korean tradition that rooted from the old days when babies didn’t make it to their 100th day. She shrugged, smiled and the plan for the party began. Balloons! Cakes! Desserts! Pizza!
이탈리아에서 맞이한 A양의 백일. 한국처럼 백일상, 백일 사진은 못했지만 가족들과 간단하게 파티파티! 백일을 왜 기념하냐는 G의 어머니께 설명드리니 완전히 설득당하셔서 당장 케익이며 풍선을 사오라고… 네네네.
I brought two outfits just in case and we did both. Dresses and skirts are tricky when you’re a baby: they sneak up on your legs, get creased and all, but they sure are dang cute. And of course, it’s not just about still, pretty photos. With a baby like A who thinks she’s running the marathon even when she’s laying down on the bed, it’s impossible to get her to stay still for a second. I now have respect for baby photographers.
아기 사진 찍는 사진 작가들에게 존경의 박수를. 가만있질 않는건 당연하고 빛이며 분위기며 배경이며 고려할건 많은데 마음대로 되는건 없고. 일단 지금은 침대에 눕혀서 찍을 수 있지만 조금 더 크면 어쩔지 모르겠…
G even went to custom order a special cake for A at one of the yummiest bakeries in Giovinazzo Giotti, we bought pink, red, and white balloons and G’s mother brought out the fancier plates for the occasion.
Did you see the toes? Those toes!
발가락. 발가락 너무 귀여워서..발가락.
This was taken with her grandmother, or Nonna, and it was right after a nap, hence the very dazy eyes and confused look.
자는 애를 깨워서 사진을 찍었더니 멍한 표정들뿐.
Family photos are so hard!
Yay! Happy 100th, sweetie.
- She can hold her head! Well, about 60 percent. This makes holding her a whole lot more comfortable and easy. She’s been going tummy time almost everyday and I really think it helps. Her face lights up when I root for her, haha.
- Interacting more and more.
- Started to focus on her little toes. What ARE those?
- Hands are the yummiest things in the world.
- 머리 들기 60%성공! 신생아일때부터 계속 머리만 들어라 머리만 들어라 했는데 거의 다 왔다.
- 사람만 보면 활짝.
- 발가락을 보기 시작. 이렇게 신기한게 두개나 있다니.
- 침 줄줄줄줄줄줄줄.
- 세상에서 제일 맛있는 건 손가락.
All photos by rachelsanghee. Bits and pieces of my little one, every week, in 2016.